Thursday, October 16, 2014

Jesus Cheerleading

(http://pansypanda.com/jesus-doing-everyday-things/)

The other night, I found this link on Facebook of a guy who found the pose of Jesus funny, and decided to Photoshop Him doing every day things.
The entire link has 19 photos of Him photo shopped into normal day activities. When I first found this, I laughed so hard. I don't know if it was because I was over tired or what. But I found all these pictures hilarious. I don't think they were putting down God in anyway. It was meant to be funny.
I don't quite know what kind of image this portrays to non-believers; I don't know if this would cause them to brush off Christianity more, or if this would cause them to question or think deeper. I think if anything, it is a common bridge which both Christians and non-Christians can cross together and have a good laugh about something.
I would use this as a conversation starter with a non-Christian. We could sit together, look at the pictures and laugh together. They could potentially question why I would be laughing at it, and I could explain what I believe and how I don't think it is portraying anything wrong, it is just a bunch of funny pictures. Hopefully this would be able to help them see that we aren't crazy strict people or are uptight (although some people are), but we can have fun and joke around.

No comments:

Post a Comment